Jorge Paulo Lemann Fellowships 2017 - Graduate Students Only
Brazilian students seeking graduate degrees at UCLA are eligible to apply for a financial fellowship from the Jorge Paulo Lemann Fellowship Fund. Selected candidates will receive an award up to $30,000.
Fellowships are granted for one year, with the possibility of renewal for an additional year. All applications will need to be submitted online. The application deadline is May 15, 2017.
1) Brazilian Citizen
2) Full time graduate (masters) student at UCLA in one of the following programs:
Please have the following information ready before starting the application:
- Curriculum Vitae - Current GPA should be included
- Recent Transcript
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Acceptance Letter from UCLA Academic Department
- Two letters of recommendation (one should come from your mentor)
The Statement of Purpose should include the following:
1) Please provide some background information on yourself, your personal and academic history, your links to Brazil, your career objectives and your major academic interests (1000 characters).
2) Please provide your vision of the major problems affecting Brazil today and how you see yourself contributing to the improvement of Brazilian society as a whole (how you can potentially contribute to social transformation) (2000 characters)
3) Please share your reasons for wanting to study at UCLA. You should discuss why you have chosen your graduate program and how you anticipate the Jorge Paulo Lemann Scholarship will impact your academic and/or professional goals and career plans for the future. (2000 characters)
4) For current Lemann fellows only: Please describe what opportunities, if any, have been made possible to you through the Lemann network and scholarship, and please describe any networking possibilities which have come to fruition during the last year (500 characters)
You can revise your application up to the deadline of May 15, 2017 using the link in the confirmation email.